Fwd: RC: David Boggs Suspension

In a message dated 9/16/99 12:43:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
truman.prevatt@netsrq.com writes:

<< The NBA player is named Spreewell and he was suspended because he
physically
 assulted his coach.  He was back playing this year for the NY Kincks, I
 believe. And yes you have to have very good grounds to deprive a man of his
 livelihood.  This may come home to rost in the selection process for
 international endurance teams if large amounts of prize money becomes
 available.

This strikes a particular note with me since my husband is a college coach
and has more players in the MLB now that any other coach in the nation. While
THIS is a really neat stat to brag on, the one he REALLY lieks is that he
also has the highest grad rate among div I schools as well! In addition,
there have to date been none of his former players who have engaged in
contract dissection or illegal or violent behavior. THAT is something to hang
a shingle on in my book. While I am personally proud of my husband, I feel a
sense of relative shame for a segment of our increasingly arrogant and
depraved society that encourages violence, arrogance, a lack of shame, a
TOTAL VOID of personal responibility, and finally, a lack of RESPECT for a
CONTRACT and what that means. What on earth would possess a judge to assume
that a man's livelihood was TAKEN AWAY FORM HIM? Indeed, he GAVE it away with
his antisocial and abherrant behavior. Shame on that judge! YEars ago as a
3rd grade teacher, a mother asked why I flunked her son, why I GAVE him an
"F". I responded that I didn't give ANYTHING away - he EARNED it - every bit
of it.

So when we fail to teach our children to respect contracts, WHETHE OR NOT WE
LIKE HOW THEY TURN OUT, and until we collectively insist on punishing the bad
and the liars and the arrogant and the cruel, we will find a chasm between
justice and the law and generally accepted decent behavior.

Sorry - this just chaps my hide.
Sandy

---- Begin included message ----
The NBA player is named Spreewell and he was suspended because he physically
assulted his coach.  He was back playing this year for the NY Kincks, I
believe. And yes you have to have very good grounds to deprive a man of his
livelihood.  This may come home to rost in the selection process for
international endurance teams if large amounts of prize money becomes
available.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt
Brooksville, FL

Mystic "The Horse from Hell" Storm
Buck's Mystic Karma
Rocket a.k.a. Mr. Misty
Jordy a.k.a. Bridger (when he is good)
Danson Flame - Hot Dog I'm healed and ready to go.

http://www.mrsl.com

---- End included message ----