Sorry and Muscat Breeding

Joane Pappas White Lyoness@Castlenet.com
I received a lot of mail over my accidental email to my riding teacher called "Sorry".  I tried to email everyone back and explain that the article which my teacher had sent to me to review involved the 7 deaths which had occurred in eventing during the last three years. Unfortunately, my email program seems to have self destructed and won't return any email at all so I am using the guest forum to try and answer you all.

The underwriter who wrote the article which my teacher sent was warning equine professionals that the eventing world could find itself facing real liability disasters if they didn't start addressing the reasons for these accidents.  He ended the article with a statement that if any of the 7 deaths had been a child, a jury award could be in the billions.  As a trial lawyer who does a lot of personal injury and wrongful death work, I felt that was quite an exaggeration but the basic information in the article was excellent.
Considering the risks in our sport, I feel we really do quite well by comparison. Several of you thought I should have suggested that Janice (my teacher) require helmets.  Of course I know that she doesn't allow anyone in her arena without one so I didn't need to mention that to her.

For those of you who asked about the website on liability statutes, it is:http://www.equispec.com/statute.htm  You can also find it with a net search of Equine Liability.  It is sponsored by insurance carriers and although I don't recommend any particular one, look for those who are used by horse show associations, and national horse groups.

Also, Claudia emailed me about Baby Tzar and his Muscat Breeding.  In today's mail was a letter from Parry Brady, owner of Symmetry Arabians, advising me that he will be selling out over the next year.  I have not read the whole list her sent me but he has an excellent operation and a number of superior stallions, including Tzar's father.

Hope we can get my outgoing email fixed.  The incoming is still working just fine so please stay in touch.

Joane and the Herd
Price, Utah
Lyoness@Castlenet.com

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-