From: Bo Parrish [mailto:lindap@lcc.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 1999 7:23 AM
To: Ridecamp
Subject: RC: RE: Re: RE: Rule addition?

----- Original Message -----
From: Bob Morris <bobmorris@rmci.net>
To: Rides 2 Far <>
Sent: Monday, September 13, 1999 5:09 PM
Subject: RC: RE: Rule addition?

> You stated:  <<<< ANY HORSE WHO STANDS FOR BC SHOULD BE "FIT TO CONTINUE"
AT
> THE ONE HOUR
> EXAM OR HE WILL NOT BE JUDGED FOR BC.>>>>
>
> Angie, that is the basic requirement for completion. If you read the BC
form
> it definitely states "Not eligible for consideration for B.C. if there is
> pathological gait aberration greater than grade II"  What more could you
ask

That's pretty black and white....if the horse is lame(greater than grade II) you don't even judge him for BC. And as Bob said, if it is lesser than grade II the horse should receive the lowest number possible (1 or maybe 2 if the vet is scoring the rest of the vet portion proportionately high).

In TERA (Texas Endurance Riders Association), ride managers have to attend a clinic at least once every 5 years to get caught up on all the current rules, changes, ideas, etc.  What if AERC offers this chance to ride managers?  I would be willing to travel to clinics to help establish a solid base of understanding. I think our current rules are fine...I just think everyone needs the same basic understanding and interpretation of those rules.
What do all of you think of this idea?

Linda Parrish
Kennard, Texas