spring loaded stirrups anyone ??

Hello Ridecamp, I`v ordered a set of spring loaded stirrups, I have a knee with an old injury [ hyper-extended twice, and a side of the knee collision with my dog when she ran into me , 70lbs of bullet train....] it is painful to ride very far, 5 miles or more...I would sure welcome any suggestions anyone may have on how to reduce knee strain, tricks with leathers, stirrups, braces,ect. I am now taking meds to reduce inflammation, and have an MRI in mind to check for cartilege or ligament problems, I don`t think it is THAT bad, so maybe injections or equiptment changes or both will help. Anybody out there with bad knees ??? Thank you !!
Sherrie McClain and FS Radar