RC: RC: Muscat -Reply -Reply

Lif - There are also theories out there regarding greatness skipping a generation.  Secretariet's get were so so, while his daughters produced some successful runners, albeit not as successful as the grand sire.

In racing groups I have heard it said that the third foal a mare produces is her best.  Hold your fire, this is just a few people's opinions, but often opinions feature a thread of truth.

Perhaps, Afire Bey V and Apollo Bey V's success goes back to their grandfather "the King Maker" Bey El Bey.  There is even another school of thought, that I believe I read about in Homer Davenport's book "My Quest" which says the mare is more predominate in the foals genetic code.

One opinion I do have, is that every foal I have ever seen out of an Arab and another breed, for the most part.  Arab blood is definately prepotent.  What is your opinion of line breeding as opposed to out crossing?

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-