Fast Twitch muscles cells and QHs

Barb Peck bpeck@together.net
Barb Peck
bpeck@together.net

I recall a RideCamp discussion awhile back about Fast Twitch
(FT) and Slow Twitch (ST) muscle cells. (There's some medium
twitch too, but we won't get into that).

Most QHs, without thoroughbred blood are born with about 96% FT.
Most prue-bred Arabs are born with about 96% ST muscle cells.

Other pure-bred breeds (and crosses)  are somewhere inbetween.

IMO, it takes about 3 to 4 times longer to condition a pure-bred
cold blood, as it does a pure-bred hot-blood.
(This has been my experience... and would like to hear from others
that have conditioned hot and cold bloods).

Conditioning any horse (for any discipline) takes
time and committment and dedication.........it just takes
more for the cold bloods.

Barb

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-