Icelandic saddle question

Hey ridecampers:
Well, it's finally happened.  the little white hairs are appearing one my beloved new Arab, just behind and below the withers.  This is the same arab that i wrote to you all in the spring.  I took a chance on her and she has turned out absolutely wonderful.  Right now she is the second best horse i have ever owned and i think eventually she will move into the number one spot.  She has a heart of gold and such a sweet personality that she is a joy to work with.

Anyways, back to the saddle question.  I had an Abetta endurance model that fit my previous horse(appy) just fine and fit Saffire for a while.  she has muscled up substantially since i ride her on the mountain all the time.  the tree of the Abetta is semi QH bars and it is now too narrow in the front.  I am looking for something economical, but with a wider tree.  The icelandic saddle in the National Bridle Shop catalog look like they might work for me and Saffire.

Does anyone have personal experience with this saddle and what kind of a horse it fits?  Saff is a polish/egypt. arab with good withers but very wide, and a very flat back.

The other saddle i was thinking of is a synthetic english cutback a/p by Millers, but my main concern with this saddle is the reduced square inches of tree on the horses back.  Opinions?

Looking forward to your replies, you guys are always so helpful.

Regards,

Sarah & Saffire
Abbotsford, BC
Canada