RC: name that pedigree -Reply

Chelle - you did not include an address to respond to you privately.  In regards to your Crabbet bred horse;  a good majority of crabbet bred horses were really Polish bred horses, were bedohin (Sp?) bred horses.

I have a nice little Crabbet - bred gelding, he recently won the 25 mile Saturday, CTR at White River in Michigan.  He's great, he paddles like the dickens, but I love him dearly.  One of my best girl friends has a crabbet bred mare and from my experience there is one thing I can say about these horses:  THEY ARE SMART.

My little Corky horse is a hellion.  He's brighter than alot of people, but that's not saying much.  He is the type of horse that I can put in front of a hyper horse on the trail and he'll turn around and tell them to "knock it off, or he'll knock it off for them!"

He is extreamly jealous and competitive and will willingly, if I let him, which I don't, lay into any horse that even tries to challenge his lead, in a race or laid back trail ride.  He knows he is smart too, you can see him thinking things through.  He knows every trick in the book and a few never thought of.

He is tough, strong, short cannon bone and rock hard feet.  He rates himself during rides and takes care of me when he knows I'm tired and gives me hell when he knows I can take it.

Be proud of your little Crabbet horse, they are really neat and are hell on wheels.

Good Luck

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-