Update on 1st reset of Marathon Shoes

        Five weeks ago, I put a set of Marathon shoes on my gelding who
is
quite flat footed.  Since he was slightly lame when I had him shod, it
took a couple weeks for him to become sound.  My farrier was very
skeptical about the shoe (he had never heard of or seen them before).
He made a comment to his wife when he got home that he thought the shoe
would already be off by the time he got home that day.
        This past weekend, I rode him 4 days, 2 days of which were very
hard over extremely rough terrain, lots of rocks, steep ups and downs,
some
small mud bogs, crossed creeks and the river several times.  The river
had lots of big rocks on the bottom and some solid rock slabs too.  I
was skeptical that they would stay on
        Today my farrier came to shoe all my horses and he was quite
surprised to see the Marathon shoes still on and very tight as well.  At
first, he didn't think they were much of a shoe, but as he took them off
and examined them, he noticed the nail holes went right back to their
original shape.  I only rode my horse 4 days of which only 2 were really
tough rides, but I would say a total of 60-70 miles for the 4 days.
There was very little wear, actually hardly noticeable at all except
where my horse pawed the fronts a little.  My farrier was quite
impressed.  As we reset them, he noticed that during this shoeing my
horse actually grew a little heel (he's always had underslung heels).
        On the trail, I had very good footing over the rocks and on the
hills both up and down and also on the rocks crossing the river.  I am
very
impressed with the traction.  My horse seemed to do quite well over the
rocks, especially since he is flat footed and normally very ouchy on
rocks.
        A little pricey at $28 a pair, but if I can get 3 shoeings, the
cost is considerably less.  I have used pads in the past and was not
real
pleased with the results.  I definitely give these shoes an "A" at this
point.  I'm planning another ride next week and I'll give everyone
another update at that time.

Dee

Work like you don't need money.
Love like you've never been hurt.