Calibration of HeartCheck

Barb Peck bpeck@together.net
When any instrument is calibrated in the factory when
it's built, there is no guarantee it will not drift over time
(hense the need for periodic calibration).
There are a couple of important things to consider:

Is the sample being measured Static(not changing) or dynamic (changing)?

What is the measurement tool.. does it need calibration or does it not need calibration.
(A ruler or tape measure, or a pair of calipers are measuring devices that
do not need cailbration)

Any instrument that INTEGRATES uses some sort of time element in the formula.
The stethoscope does not integrate, the HC does, hense the need for periodic
calibration (to a standard).

The heart is the sample being measured, and the stethoscope or HC are the instrument devices being
used to measure the sample.

Then of course there is the component of OPERATOR error
which will also flucuate with the experience level.

My opinion?  In the absence of standardized calibrations
for the electronic device....... I'll take the experienced
human ear and a good quality scope.

Barb

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-