Re: Update after Tevis accident

Thank you Julie for your concern.  Thanks for the card and the video you
sent.  I received so many cards, flowers, notes, books, etc., from so many
caring people.  It really helped.  I got out of the hospital in Reno on
Saturday, July 31, exactly a week after Tevis.  Jeff came and got me and took
me home.  I dreaded the drive, but with ample pain medication, it wasn't too
bad.

I spent three weeks hanging out at home.  I read books, watched videos,
talked on the phone, and had people visit.  It really helped to know that so
many people cared.  I had to go back into the hospital at home, but just for
one day.  Fluid had built up in my chest again and I had to have it drained.
It also looked for a while like I might have to have my gall bladder removed.
 Fortunately it got better on its own.

I am now back at work part time.  I do fine in the morning, but in the late
afternoon I get pretty sore and tired.  Each day is better.  I have been able
to drive for about a week.  That makes a big difference.  It is so difficult
to be so dependent on others.

Within a couple of weeks I should be back on a normal work schedule.  I had
never before missed any work because of illness or injury.  My patients have
been very patient and understanding.  Other dentists in town have helped out
so my patients have been cared for.

All of my injuries are of the kind that heal completely.  I am very
fortunate.  It just takes time and I am having lessons in patience.

I won't be able to ride for at least a couple of months.  I had planned to do
Outlaw Trail, but that will have to wait until next year.  Malik is getting
fat.  He can't understand why I don't come and play.  I will have plenty of
time to get him ready for Tevis next year.  I wouldn't miss it for anything.

Thanks again, Julie, for your concern.

Debby Lyon