Re: RC: Apology (not)

Kat,
    Rarely do I beckon unto my wife Becky to please enter the computer room
while I sit and peruse RC.
    I did this morning.
    We read your letter.
    We agree with your letter.
    You stated your beliefs well.
    Whenever someone uses the word "classic" , I believe they address the
"penultimate" in form.
    Hundred milers and multi-days have always seemed to me to be THE test for
horse and rider.
    A fifty miler is A test, not THE test.
    When the NCS required the riding of two or three hundreds, sometimes two
weeks apart in varied locales and climes, to me, that seemed  a challenge
expounding the basic tenets of "endurance".
    Not to say the NC in Timberon was not a challenge, I KNOW "any" hundred
is...particularly when folks show up to "race".
    As for expounding the "basic tenets of endurance", I remember those
horses who showed up hundred after hundred, multi-day after multi-day, year
after year and though most didn't always "win", they usually always FINISHED
respectfully.
    I am not a "racer"... my next mount, a six-year old gelding and I always
are always climbing the ladder toward the hundreds, the multi-days and when
we do a fifty, it is as a rung on that ladder.
    I know for some, "doing well" on the fifty milers is THE goal.
    That's great.  They do not require my blessing, nor yours.  Their world
is different.
That's okay.
    I personally don't believe that this sport is about "National" anythings,
it's about a horse and rider on a given day doing their best and arriving
back home THE BETTER AND MORE CONNECTED HAVING EXPERIENCED TWO HEARTS BEATS
BECOMING ONE DRUM POUNDING DOWN THE TRAIL.
    Good Luck at XP & OT.

   Frank Solano.