RC: scissor snaps -Reply

This isn't about the scissor snaps, this is to the woman with the saddle problem.

I swear by Stubben.  Got my first (and only) stubben when I was 12, with my first horse, a TB/Quarter cross gelding.  The saddle is now 17 years old and still going strong, looks practically brand new, and I'm abusive to saddles.  It's fit, remarkably, everything from Arabs to TBs.  It never sores a horse and wears like a glove.  Gets a little slippery after years of use, but nothing that a sheepskin seat cover can't fix.

The Stubben does not provide alot of security, but enough to make you learn to balence from the hips and keep your weight in your heel.  A good way to develop your seat and balance is to have a friend lunge your horse while you ride it with the saddle, but no reins and no stirrups.  Ride with an english saddle too, and make sure you can ride the horse at all three gaits with your arms out-stretched to your sides, again - no reins , no stirrups.

This method will teach you how to develoe your seat and balence without relying on your handle bars (reins).  It's challenging, but well worth it, you'll feel alot more confident when you get the reins and stirrups back.

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-