trailer hitches

We are thinking of moving up to a gooseneck and have been looking at hitches to put in the truck.  Has anyone used the B&W hitch with the turnover ball?  We have been told by a couple of people that if you don't turn the ball over periodically, it will rust in place.  We want a flat bed when not using the gooseneck - can anyone suggest any other hitch?
Thank you.
Jan Mutchler
Littleton, CO