Fwd: [Re: [RC: Lazy persons training]]

---- Begin included message ----
Lif Strand <fasterhorses@gilanet.com> wrote:

Tarp training:  Put one out in the field and forget it.  Eventually they
will mess with it and train themselves.  Same thing with lots and lots
of objects.>>

I bought a fixer-upper house.  Not only does it need work, there are lots of
"obstacles" out in the pasture.  I went to feed one day and my yearling Arab
colt was out there playing with an old innertube.  He had it in his teeth and
it was flopping all around his head and neck.  Now if I had tried to train him
to that it would have taken years before he let me flop it as figorously as he
was doing it.  Other obstacles include tires, tin from the roof of the barn
that blew down before I moved there, boards, ditches, concrete footers from
other barns, cinder blocks and I'm sure I'm leaving a bunch out.  If he's
walking, he just walks over any and all obastcles, but if he is running he
jumps them without pausing.  Wonderful training and I didn't have to lift a
finger!

Karen

---- End included message ----