training question

My vote for oddities to get your horse used to would be everything everyone else has told you PLUS get your horse used to having his mouth handled.  My old gelding fell down, after running backwards in a vet check once, because the vet tried to check his cap refill by touching his finger to the horse's gums.  He never did that before and never did it again, guess he wasn't paying attention and it surprised him.  I'm just glad he didn't fall ON anyone.  It'll be important also when you electrolyte, etc.
Just my 2 cents, Rachael