EHSC--Moonshyne's Back Part 2

Throughout the fall and winter of this past year I rode her whenever I
could.  I also had two other horses to keep in condition so I was pretty
busy on weekends, because I have a full time job that keeps my busy Monday
thru Friday.  She seemed to be fine whenever I rode and her trot was coming
back.  She had a 'to die for trot' that I'm sure was due to her being 1/4
Standardbred.  But I'm sure her Sierra Fadwah+/ breeding didn't hurt
anything either.  In February of this year I took her to the vet to have
what I thought was an abscess pared out but one couldn't be found.  What was
interesting was when the vet went up and down her tendons and commented on
how hard they were.  He asked what I had been doing and I told him that I
had been riding her.  He then said to keep up whatever I was doing because
they were rock solid.  Now I have to admit that not only are they rock solid
but they are huge.  But like the vet at EHSC said the bigger and harder they
are the stronger they are.  However, I'm getting ahead of my story.  I had
been thinking about sending her to Jackie Bumgardner for a month to have
Jackie evaluate her future, so in May I took her to Ridgecrest and left her
for a month.  I left Jackie a very fat horse to ride.  Come the end of the
month Jackie offered to take her to Bridgeport for the summer and keep
riding her.  She even thought she would be ready for the Eastern High Sierra
Classic in August.  I couldn't pass up the offer especially since I could
pick her up and take her home after the ride and this would be a perfect
opportunity to present Jackie with the plaque from the "Friends of Fadwah"
and the Western States Trail Foundation for the "Sierra Fadwah+/ Dream Mile"
on the Tevis Trail.  Jackie and I kept in touch via e-mail on Moonshyne's
progress.  She kept getting stronger and stronger.  Even though her trot is
not perfectly even it is pretty good considering what she has been through.
I drove up to Bridgeport hauling Karen Sweaney's mare and we arrived mid
afternoon on Friday.  It was such a thrill to see Moonshyne tied up to the
trailer and looking so buff.  I was a little apprehensive on the pre ride
vet check but she vetted through just fine.  Only the notation of two bowed
tendons was unique.  She even pinned her ears on the trot out like she
always did before as she has never seen the value of trotting out for the
vet.  She seemed quite content in her corral next to my trailer and camped
like a pro.  I went to sleep anticipating the next days ride.