Re: RC: Orthoflex saddles Anyone?

The OF does have some quirks.  The first is those stupid two inch biothane
"leathers" with the camlock and those little leather sleaves.  That
arrangement pretty much sucks (at least when paired with my legs.  I could
never get comfortable).  No matter what I did, I got rubbed.  I lost a lot of
hide on my shins and was ready to trash the saddle.

Solution, put on standard 1 inch english leathers (I actually use 1 inch
biothane leathers) with the standard roller buckle pulled  up into the
saddle.  That problem solved.

Then the next problem I had was the width of the tree.  I was ridding the
Express Lite.  Well that was just too wide a twist for me.  I would really
hurt.  Being a male my hips are fairly narrow and I really think that saddle
would better fit a woman (please no flames).

So I traded a woman for a Patriot Officiers Model which was two narrow in the
twist for her and rubbing.  We are both happy now.

So each model is slight different and yes the rider comfort is important.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt
Brooksville, FL

Mystic "The Horse from Hell" Storm
Buck's Mystic Karma
Rocket a.k.a. Mr. Misty
Jordy a.k.a. Bridger (when he is good)
Danson Flame - Hot Dog I'm healed and ready to go.

http://www.mrsl.com