Re: RC: temp and humidity

Temp is the measure of average energy of the gas (in this case air)
molecules.  Hot air can hold more water vapor than cool air because of
the higher energy.  Relative humidity is a measure of the amount of
water vapor in the air RELATIVE to the amount it will hold.  It is
measured as a function of  the difference in the the dry bulb temp and
wet bulb temp.  The wet bulb is the temp measured with the sensor
imbeded in a wet wick.  If they are the same the relative humidity is
100%.  So as the temp goes up air can hold more water vapor so the same
amount of water vapor in the  air will result in a smaller realtive
humidity.  But it also means that the air can hold additional water and
evaporative cooling is more efficient. That is in 70 deg and 100 precent
humidity it is harder to cool than in 100 degrees and 50 percent
humidity.

Another measure is the dew point.  The higher the dew point the higher
the relative humiditiy.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt
Brooksville, FL

Mystic "The Horse from Hell" Storm
Buck's Mystic Karma
Rocket a.k.a. Mr. Misty
Jordy a.k.a. Bridger (when he is good)
Danson Flame - Hot Dog I'm healed and ready to go.

http://www.mrsl.com