Re: RC: Re: Cause and Effect

Hi all, I haven't been near my keyboard for a few days, just sat down.  The
reason I did not give nor do I want the rider"s name or number on RC is
because I'm hoping he acted out of ignorance and fear not anything else.  I'm
still upset about the whole thing and I just e-mailed Lori about it also.
Yes I was riding Tevsweep, but I was in no was talking as a "offical" from
WSTF.  I just wanted everyone to know what happened, I'd heard every
veriation imaginable both on and off RC.  I don't presume to be a better
horseman than anyoneelse out there
but I still think things like how tack works on each horse I own is a very
important issue when riding anytime, esp. at large ride involving lots of
money, other people, and SAFETY.   I don't know what will happen as far as
ride management is concerned,  I know Larry stresses that this is not a ride
for beginners.  Maybe the answer is in educating new or green riders.  And
before I get it again, I know the answer is not requiring everyone to have a
breast collor on.  Many horses and saddles do great without them.  More rules
don't always work either.  My mom always told me everything happens for a
reason.  So far I haven't found a good reason for this, but you never know.
Well I hope I don't
get blasted too bad for all this.  Probly won't be back for a few days,  I
have to get my daughter ready to fly to New York for Inline Skating
Nationals.  Yes she wears protective gear and has been hurt pretty bad in the
past (we know the risks of this sport also).

Dannan