Where will endurance horses come from

Dear Heidi,
  It is such a pleasure to read your posts, especially those on breeding endurance horses, because your dedication, passion and intelligence are evident.  For those of us who can't see past the phenotypes, e.g., "I only care about bone, not bloodlines," you are pointing out that the genotype is what increases the probability that a particular horse will combine the obvious assets with the hidden qualities that make a horse great, e.g., superior physiology and that indefinable quality of "heart."
  I think the old time horsemen had it right: Blood will tell.
Karen Schwartz
Livermore, Ca