salvaged horses

I think it would be interesting for folks on ridecamp to share their
personal stories about their rescued/previously unwanted/freebie horses.
Let's not forget that Rio was a freebie, and Cash was not $2,000!
My own favorite horse was given to me by a stranger...who didn't want
the horse to go to the killer.  This was as an untrained, scrawny four
year old...that is now an awesome, gorgeous 7 year old...that sits down
if anyone else gets on his back.  He may or may not ever be an
incredible endurance horse, but he'll always be my buddy.
Katee