Re: NPCA Home Page

"Linda B. Merims" wrote:
>  "...An association of "Citizens Protecting America's Parks," NPCA was
>   founded in 1919 and today has 500,000 members."
>
> 500,000?  Yikes!
>
> Actually, what I can see of their organization and programs from this
> web page, particularly their Park Watcher, Park Alert, and Park Activist
> programs, makes them look like a good model to follow for a national horse
> trails protection effort!

They look like a very effective organization. They don't strike me as
the type of group to mobilizes forces around an issue without feeling
it's justified. For the most part, I would support their other causes.

Is someone chartered with trying to understand their concerns? We should
find out how they substantiate this effort. This may be a case of
misinformation. Facts may help. Or it could be someone with an ax to
grind. Some "parkies" want everyone else out of "their" parks, or expect
everyone else to adhere to their standards for park use.

> I'm still curious who this Brian Huse is and what caused him to come
> to view the stables as bad guys.

Me too... Opps!! Sorry Angie!

> Personally, I think a little infiltration is in order...

I agree... they're a group that has merit in spite if this issue. THIS
month I can't afford to join (major service on that big dodge 1 ton with
a cummins diesel says it all, right?! I will join in the next few
months.  If anyone else wants to join with me and have a little NPCA
Watch group, let me know!!!

I joined NC (Nature Conservancy, for those of you that weren't reading
email in December!!), and so far have heard from a couple of their folks
on concerns "we" have but haven't closed the loop there. If any other NC
folks want to form a NC Watch group, I'll be party to it. I agree with
LindaM that NPCA has a few excellent ideas. Formally "Watch"ing is one
of them!

Linda - Gilroy

It's cold and wet outside.... and I'm in a dry and cozy mood...

... on days like this I **REALLY** appreciate ridecamp!