rescues and prospects

I am currently involved in an Arabian rescue group here in Kentucky, KARE,
kentuckiana Arabian Rescue Effort. We go and look for just Arab types,etc. One
mare we rescued last month had a freeze brand, we found out she had been
imported from Austria in 1985 for 45,000/ she is a very nice mare, still
breeding sound and looked great, just ended up on her way to the slaughter
house by chance.
I think alot of really nice horses have gone thru the sale barns here. The
best competitor I ever owned (not best personality) I got from the horse
traders lot. He was headed to the sale pen, and no doubt slaughter. He
finished 16 in kansas with a UAE rider and finished 3rd on the pre-ride to the
world championships in Dubai with Danielle on him last Febuary.  They don't
like Arabs at the sale barns, they are the cheapest horses sold. but i warn
anyone who has never been, it is the most depressing venture I have ever been
involved with.

Amy Whelan