Re: Public Relations Disaster -- Help Please

connie B Berto wrote:

> Friends,  I am seeing red.   In fact, I am beyond infra-red into the
> sound waves.   How many of you belong to a national organization called
> "National Parks and Conservation Association" (NPCA)?    The latest
> magazine (Jan./Feb. 99)  has just published a scurrilous hit piece on
> equestrians written by Brian Huse, a Regional Director of NPCA.  This is
> what it says.  Numbers in ( ) are explained below...

What is the National Parks and Conservation Association?  How many members
do they have?  Is the membership slanted in any particular direction
(hikers, etc.)?  Are they one of many organizations concerned about activities
in national parks, or do they hold some particularly significant role?

Does anybody know who Brian Huse is and why he might be making a particular
case out of this?

Linda B. Merims
lbm@ici.net
Massachusetts, USA