Re: WHERE WILL ENDURANCE HORSES COME FROM...

In a message dated 1/22/99 7:58:34 PM Pacific Standard Time, Knaptyme writes:

<<  Except, I disagree with backyard rescues.  Some of these are top
performing horses that that 'yuppie' needed to have.  Then realized what kind
of care and commitment it took.  Don't knock them.  Some have the breeding to
succeed.  From what I've read in everyone's post, mine definitely has the
breeding and he was bought out of the back yard.

 Look at each horse individually, don't group them all together. >>

Nope, no disagreement here.  What you are referring to are the "diamonds in
the rough" at the end of my post.  Some very precious horses turn up in the
strangest places.  The trick is to recognize them when they do.  What I have
found is that sometimes really top breeding gets into the hands of folks who
haven't a clue what they have, and ends up mouldering in the backyard or going
to rescue.  Am glad to see that some of the rescue people are learning to see
some of these "diamonds" too, and seek out homes where they will have a chance
of realizing their potential.

Heidi