Re: Water evasion

In a message dated 1/22/99 2:34:06 PM Pacific Standard Time,
fasterhorses@gilanet.com writes:

<<  I mean, isn't it a common
 experience that if we're in a bad mood or in pain, the horse may well be
 a pill that day? >>

Yep.

<< Or, I remember one ride when I didn't realize I was
 coming down with the flu, somehow thought there was a problem with my
 horse since she just wouldn't go, acted like she was on her last legs.
 At the vet check she was great - the vets told me to take some aspirin &
 lay down.  Hasn't everyone experienced something like this? >>

Yes, sure have.

I would agree with you that later in a horse's life I would likely have more
specific goals--it's mostly early on that I consider "training" and achieving
a base through long, slow distance to pretty well go hand in hand.

Heidi