Re: what is the best.......(feeding hay enroute)

Hi all,

Reading about all these wonderful husbands just makes me want to cry!
My bloke just won't get interested or come along. He's a real townie
type with no interest in outdoor life, horses, camping, crewing
etc.....argh!

But something Angie wrote reminded me of something I've wondered
about for a while:

> hand me another flake of hay for Kaboot.

This was the LongLeaf 100? So what would you do with the flake? Walk
next to him and feed it? Run and feed it? Remain mounted and feed it?
At walk? trot? Stop for a while to feed it? How big are the flakes
you guys use? And could I ask....what was your total ride time (not
including holds) on that ride? How many flakes would you feed (that
weren't fed in vet holds) on a 100?

Just interested because here in the UK I've never seen a horse eat
flakes of hay enroute.

Cheers!

Liz and Basil The Nag
--