Re: Equine Diabetes???

In a message dated 1/21/99 7:17:42 AM Pacific Standard Time,
bmurdock@cyberhighway.net writes:

<< A friend's horse has recently been diagnosed as having Diabetes. However,
 there is something about this that really bothers me, even though I can't
 put my finger on it. How common is this condition in horses? Symptoms?
 Treatment? Prognosis? References? Anything else with similar symptoms?

 Something just doesn't seem right, and it's driving me nuts!

 Thanks,

 Bruce >>

We haven't seen very many, but we've encountered chronically hypoglycemic
horses and, rarely, a hyperglycemic (diabetic) horse.

ti