Re: Nutrition ????(Your Ponies)

In a message dated 1/21/99 4:05:27 PM EST, katswig@deltanet.com writes:

<< Maintain her current
 feeding program unless you see her starting to get ribby, in which case,
 she needs more to eat. >>

Thank you for your detailed response, all other posts have said basically the
same thing, so I'll try to quit worrying, but.....this last sentence made me
laugh...This pony hasn't seen her ribs since she was born!  An Xray machine
would have a hard time finding her ribs, you can't come close to them with
your fingers. <G>  As far as excercise goes, she is out with an ancient
gelding that herds her all the time.  She walks ALOT during the day.  I keep
her stalled at night now, usually she stays out 24/7 except for the last
couple months of pregnancy.  I could lounge or hand walk her some.  Anyway,
thanks alot for your concern, I'll let all you know how things turn out.
Leigh