Re: Water-proof Saddle covers

Glenda R. Snodgrass wrote:

I was thinking of doing something like a poodle skirt
> that would be longer on the sides and shorter in front & back, go around
> my waist under a jacket or poncho. Hmmm, guess I need to get that
> sketchpad out again. :)

Haute fashion in the endurance world!  Actually, I'm jealous if you sew
well enough to be able to sketch a design, make a pattern, and have it
turn out well.  My mom was like that.  I've learned to make a sample in
cheap(!) material, play with it, then take it apart to be a pattern.
Even then, I'm not always happy with it.

I seem to remember something like you're talking about in an english
catalog some years ago - intended for the hunt field.  I'm sure you coul
make one pretty reasonably.  The catalog version had a weighted hemline,
like they do for side saddle habits.  When I made my sidesaddle apron, I
used curtain weights in a cotton tube (size of plastic clothesline).  It
kept the skirt from raising up or blowing in the breeze.

Linda