Re: Western Saddles for Endurance

I put my vote in for a western saddle.  I ride competitive distance - 30 miles
and use the Big Horn cordura.  Last season, I did about 120 competition miles
(1st year) and probably double that in training and leisure riding.  My horse
had a sore back one time after a particular hilly and rocky ride, which he
wasn't properly conditioned for.

I like the light weight, easy clean and of course the horn.  My horse has a
tendency to change directions, very quickly if something frightens him.

The trick is finding the right tree.  I've tried both the Arab tree and semi-
quarter horse.  The semi-quarter fits him best - he is 1/2 Arab; 1/2 quarter
horse (I have forgiven him for that).

Stick with it what you like and what your horse likes it.  That is the best
thing about this sport, the equipment is personal choice.

Diane