Re: Crewing

Hi Liz, My crew (husband & kids) keep me laughing...although sometimes not
intentionally.  This year at the Tevis my 11 year old son (along with his dad
and brother) met me at Robinson Flat (32 miles) and announced that I was
winning the race!  He was ON FIRE!  Convinced that Mom was really going for it
this year.  Fellow riders in the vicinity got a chuckle out of it also.  We
were definitely not even close to top 10 (maybe around the 60's somewhere!)
Anyway, I giggled about that one for most of the day.  He was so convinced
that we were winning.  Nobody could talk him out of it either (till he met us
at Auburn that is).  Then he asked me "what happened to you?  You were doing
so well".  A little humor can really shorten the day.

Sylvia