Re: Easy Boots questions/one answer

---Lynette Helgeson <helgeson@lansford.ndak.net> wrote:
 My questions are:

> When you go shorter conditioning distances, is it necessary to use the
> vet wrap every time?

Why do you use vet wrap?  The boot should fit your horse so vet wrap
isn't necessary.  If you're concerned about keeping gravel out of the
boot on short rides (4 miles or an hour or so of riding) buy the Easy
pad...a sponge thing.

What is the purpose of the vetwrap? What happens if
> you don't use the vetwrap?

When these things first came out, many folks in the CR wrapped with
duct tape to help keep the boot on.  That is no longer necessary...I'm
not sure it was then.  For keeping junk out of the boot during rides,
I'd use foam.  Once you get the hang of it, it's no hassle.  Ask
someone to demonstrate first...unless you're an audio learner and can
learn from reading.

> Who uses easy foam and is it worth the hassle? What exactly does easy
> foam do?

I use easy foam on multi-day rides and it's worth every penny and the
few minutes it takes to use it correctly (including a "dry run").  The
foam acts as a pad to keep junk out of the boot, as an adhesive, and,
to a lesser extent, as a shock absorber.

Look up Easy Boots web page for detailed info.  Garrett presented a
wonderful demonstration at the CR convention last weekend.  He also
does demos and the multi-days I attend.  I also foxhunt and have
helped other hunters with EB after a horse has lost a shoe before the
hunt.  I'll put EB on both front feet; a boot has never been lost and
there has been no slipping at coops (jumps).  I've never had any
problems at rides using them either.

Hope this helps.

Susan Young
Muskogee, OK