Re: what is the best....

Liz Carpenter wrote:

> ...thing your crew ever did for you??

I came into the 45 mile vet check suffering from dehydration and heat
exhaustion.  All of my drinking water had gone to cool Rocket.  As I got
off, and promptly sat down on the ground under the horse, my husband
Mike started pouring ice cold well water over me by the bucket fulls.
At the time, I would have killed him if the world would have just
stopped spinning!  By the end of the 20 min hold, Rocket had passed thru
the station, I felt better (soggy, but better), and we completed 3rd in
our division.

Another ride, the first vet station was inaccessable for trucks due to
deep mud.  I had left at 3:30AM without my 'lytes and splint boots.
Major stress!  Mike walked the 3.5 miles back into the vet check area,
in calf deep mud, with said boots, 'lytes, my snack, and a towel to wipe
my muddy feet so they wouldn't slip in the stirrups.  Talk about
service!

Lastly, the best thing my crew/husband ever did for me -
Go with me to these rides that are 4-8 hrs away, set up camp, take down
camp, crew, and not grumble too bad!  He rides & occasionally competes,
but he gives that up for the rides that I want to attend.  I haven't
been to a ride yet where he didn't come along.

Linda Flemmer