what is the best....

...thing your crew ever did for you??

I'll start the ball rolling.....

Hot day, hot ride, miles of canter on top of a grassy ridge
above a country lane with the odd village along it. Every few miles
my crew (a friend who I normally crew for but this time the tables
were turned!) climbs up this ridge and holds up a bottle of slosh
water for the horse and then clambers back down again. Nice
routine.... fly past, grab the slosh water, slosh Nag and canter on
towards vehicle parked 20 yards up ahead and fling empty bottle down
the ridge to the vehicle. Repeat after 2 miles, etc.

Anyhow, I'm going along and spot my crew up ahead, standing at the
side of the ridge with a weird looking, non-watery object in hand. I
canter past and grab the mysterious object - and to my pleasant
surprise it turned out to be an ice cream. One of those frozen-
juice-on-a-stick type. They'd stopped in one of the villages and
bought it. It sure hit the spot and I attracted a few puzzled
looks from fellow riders - 'where'd she *get* that!? She
never left the ridge!'.....Anyway, I was extremely grateful and have
since made a mental note to do the same for others if possible when
I'm crewing on a hot day.....

Anyone got any other crew trick stories? Might pick up a few tips
for this season <g>

Cheers!

Liz and Basil The Nag
--