Re: LD NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IDEA

Hi Maggie,

>By the way, I have owned a GPS for 4 years and I can tell you right now
that
>they are NOT 100% accurate either -especially on a trail.

I have been very interested in finding out more about the GPS system.  Our
state park has about 50 miles of trails and I ride there about 4 times a
week.  Most of the trails are up and down and have turns in them about every
foot or two (or at least that is what it seems like......they really are
very wind-y).  Is a GPS practical for measuring the distance that a trail
covers?  Our park cannot afford to buy a GPS (neither can I) but they would
like for me to get one and measure the trails for them.  I would like to
measure the trails since I ride on them all the time and have no idea of how
far I am traveling.  I realize as I have bought gadgets over the years, how
nice and helpful they can sound on paper but in reality they make you want
to throw them to the ground an stomp on them (but you can't do that cuz they
cost to much).   Thanks for any insight you can offer, Marilyn