Re: 100% Crabbett

In a message dated 1/19/99 6:17:42 AM Pacific Standard Time,
helgeson@lansford.ndak.net writes:

<< Hi,
 We have a Arab gelding who pedigree goes like the following. Can anyone
 tell me how much Crabbet that is? I was told he was 100% Crabbet by the
 guy who sold him to me. Was he right?

No.  There is a very high percentage of Crabbet breeding in your gelding, but
there are lots and lots of lines back to old Davenport breeding, too, as well
as a few lines to the WR Brown import *Zarife.  Nice CMK pedigree.  Also a
very nice endurance pedigree.  But not a 100% Crabbet pedigree.  Didn't take
the time for math and percentages, but would guess at a glance that it is at
least over 50% Crabbet.

Heidi