Re: National Championship Ride

Karen,

The NC format was decided at the mid-year board meeting
in July of '98. There wasn't alot of time to get all the details
worked out, assign the qualifier rides, and get the news to
the members via EN.  I'm sure we'll do it better next year
with more time to organize and publicize the event.

Since our original intent was to keep the qualifications minimal
to encourage attendance at this first championship ride it's possible
that we could make some exceptions. This is actually something
I wanted to discuss at the BOD meeting in February. In the  case
of the PS region, where limited entries prohibited riders from
entering and qualifying, maybe you could petition the competitions
committee with a request to attend the NC ride, citing another
100 miler as qualification criteria.

Basically - don't get too upset about this yet - let's play it out
this year, see if you can qualify in the West region, make notes
on what worked and didn't work about the new '99 NC
and we'll see if we can do it better next time. One option is
to allow competitors to qualify by top-tenning at *any* 100
or 50 mile ride. I actually think this is a better format ...I think.
Really need some feedback though ... the NC will only work
if it is embraced by the membership.

Steph