herd dominance stuff

Hi all!

I am requesting info./advice on a "dominance" situation taking place at
my barn.  Yesterday I moved my five mo. old stud colt (orphan) from my
back yard to a 1.5 acre plot at the barn.  My two geldings, who are half
brothers and coming on 7 yrs. this summer, have the run of the remaining
80+ acres.  Now, the babies pen borders the gelding pasture on two sides
and I was hoping that he could watch and learn from the big boys over
the fence and they could get to know him as well.
What is happening is this, I have seen my largest gelding, a 16.1 hh.
anglo-arab, go from a peaceful placid animal to a raging jerk.  He
charges the fence with ears penned back everytime the baby comes within
20 ft.  The other gelding, normally the jerk, simple cranes his neck out
to get a sniff.  He acts as if he wants to meet the baby and the big guy
acts as if he wants to kill him.  How do I remedy this?
I have a charge on the top of the fence but it is evidently ineffective
in the face of this hate.  What is up here?  I've never seen such
behavior out of any horse of mine, or anyone elses' (except this one
mare....).
I need to figure out what to do before my new fence comes down and the
baby gets clobbered!

Thanks,
natalie kirkland