Helemts/brands

>I missed some of the helmet discussion. All I really want to know
is>what is the best helmet to buy. Which one protects from the sun the
>best>is light weight, cool ect ...

I have a Troxel and a Lexington.  They both have good and bad points.

This time of year when the sun is low to the horizon, I like to wear the
Lexingon.  The visor is really long and low and will keep the sun out of
your eyes.  Also nice to have on when it's raining.  On the other hand,
when I'm riding up mountains, I have to tip my head way back to look up
the trail and sometimes makes me sore in the shoulders.  On a hot day, I
love to dip it in a bucket before I put it on.  It's very cool, and never
itches when it's soaked.  It looks better in photos and if I know a
photographer's going to be on a certain section of trail, I wear it. (soo
vain)

The Troxel is lighter, and I feel like I have taken off my blinders to
take off the Lexington and put on the Troxel much better field of vision.
I like it better for mountain riding. They started making them with
"Ponytail Ports".  I just took a knife and carved one in mine.  The one I
have is an early one and it's kind of round for my head.  Wish it was a
little flatter on the sides.  I took the liner completely out of it so
that it doesn't sit up so high on my head.  I can't feel any difference
as far as comfort.  The visor is useless it rides so high, and the velcro
doesn't stay on very well.  It also gets warped easily, but it looks
better with the visor on so I've tried to hang onto it. My Lexington is
white, the Troxel is black.  I can't tell that it makes a difference in
heat, but if I'm seriously competetive in a ride, I'll wear the black.
It's amazing how far through the woods you can spot a white helmet.  I
wear the white after dark.  I probably wear the Troxel the most.

I have only "really needed" it once.  Had a bad accident and the Troxel
was split.  I didn't get a concussion and they not only replaced it
immediately, they sent one out as soon as I called them, put it on my
credit card then credited it back to my account when I mailed them the
old one.  GREAT service.

Sooo, good luck making up your mind.  I like having both.
Angie

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]