Re: RC: VT 100 & over riding [long]

I concur with what you saw, even though I was not there.  I have seen it
many times over the years on many rides.

I attribute it to: D.I.M.R. (distance induced mental retardation)..and it
is NOT funny!!!

I was a runner and short distance (20 and under) ride and tie person for
some years.  I sure did learn to appreciate my horse.  The ability to
"read: your horse is an integral part of horsemanship. Unfortunately,
much of TRUE horsemanship is lacking in our sport.

I, for one, would like to see stewards at rides to whom such complaints
about riders can be made.  It is VERY difficult for someone, onlooker or
crew or whatever, to complain to ride management.  A steward is an
arbitrator and their decision is final..with NO reflection on management
or the complainant.

At least as a runner, it is YOUR body that hurts and you WILL do
something to relieve it.  Horses are at our mercy and it is a TEAM effort
to finish such a ride.  When one member of the team is abusive, I think
it IS cruelty!!

Teddy