Re: RC: Newbie observation (long)

Heidi,

I think you are absolutely correct.  It happens in many "flat" or "easy"
50's too.  Mileage is mileage, and has many factors to be figured
individually into each ride.  I feet that people DO treat "flat easy
rides" too casually and (especially if inexperienced, or sometimes even
IF  experienced) feel they can race or "go faster" on these.  Sometimes
they are deceptively HARD for one reason or another which may not be
altogether obvious until AFTER the ride when sometimes it is too late.
I have seen more horses"treated" or in trouble after these kind of rides
than after the ones that have a reputation for being "tough".

Congratulations to you and Mighte El Donte who acted like each of us
want our horse to act after a ride!

Maureen