pre-purchase flexion test

Patty Betts bbetts@thurston.com
How reliable is a prepurchase flexion test in a young horse - for predicting a risk for leg problems?  I had an exam for a 3-year old Arab I want to buy and he failed in both front legs (off for 7-10 steps).  Everything else looked fine - trotting in circles, etc.  I was planning to train him for endurance over a period of years.  I understand that there is quite a bit of controversy about how valid this test is for predicting predisposition for lameness?

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-