-----Original Message-----
From: BE [mailto:betndez@budget.net]
So how many VCs with holds and how long are they typically?  To untack and put all that ice water on a horse, scrape and re-ice a few times would take awhile.  And what about those poor souls (like myself) who don't have crew to bring the ice to the VC and work on the horse?

In the NW we typically have stop & go VCs every 12-15 miles with a 45 minute hold VC every 25 miles, altho some rides do 15-20 or 30 at each VC.

Betty