Re: RC: Update on fetlock injury

Sarah,

So glad to hear your horse will eventually be O.K. and you're right--a
rest is a small price to pay for a sound horse!

As to walking--you might get creative to make it more fun.  I do this
with my foals and yearlings to get them used to all kinds of different
experiences while they learn ground manners.  We walk down the
road,(sometimes past road work stuff)  over tarps, around things I think
might be scary, down to my neighbors where I leave them tied to a
tree(watching them of course) and visit,etc.  It is a great opportunity
to introduce him  to useful ground work, and maybe NOT quite so boring
for you.  Is there anyone who can "walk their horse" with you for
training also?  Just some ideas.....Maureen