Wood on ground
"Bridges"
Water holes
Water on tarp
Big backpacks
Bicycles
ATVs
Paddock near traffic
Large straw hats for gardening wear, especially with large floppy bows
Bright yellow rain poncho, with the hood over your head
Colored beach balls rolling around
Ropes around body
Ropes around legs
Megaphones - have someone pick it up and talk into it

[Karen Sullivan]  Here are a few more ideas, based from past experience, a few things to work on BEFORE getting on a green horse!

Things you have to do to pass State Park Patrol or Search and Rescue criteria:

Carry a radio that emits static, voices and strange noises
The sound a camera makes when it rewinds (I do this a lot)
sound of velcro
Carry a trash bag full of cans and trash
go by gun shots (remember Camp Far West, when you ride right by the rifle range!)
riding with 5 dogs that run out of bushes and under the horses
Open a large map in the wind while riding
chalk lines on ground; white painted lines on concrete; white concrete

Walking through tires.

Then; you never know WHAT will unhinge some horses.  Ashley, who is bombproof, absolutely came unglued one day when we came across a
4 foot high plywood black-and white painted cow.  Then there was the time my sister and I were riding on Swanton-to-the-Sea trail and came across a group of backpackers that were not only wearing the huge backpacks, but also carrying one BETWEEN them, a truly horrifying sight.

I also got a chuckle out my the story my sister told of our former Welsh pony (pretty darn un-spookable) that was also horrified at the sight on a jogger down on the ground doing sit-ups.

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-