mares in foal

Okay, if you all want to be self centered and do what you want and hang the
horse that is up to you!!  You talk about women, how many of them have a
saddle strapped on them and carry a rider too?  Humans are supposed to think
for themselves, whereas animals have "us" to hopefully do what is right.  Get
another horse if you feel you have to ride.

I have an endurance mare that I had bred and did not continue doing rides on
her but did not "turn" her into a pasture ornament!  It was MY choice to get
her bred, not hers, so I felt that I should let her do things her way.  Yes,
I still rode her on trails and yes we trotted but not for 25, 50 or more
miles at one time.  She was in top condition when bred and stayed that way as
I didn't put her in a stall for 11 months!  I know she could have done
endurance rides while in foal, but I respected her enough not to expect her
carry me on a ride that I wanted to do!

I'm not saying to give up on mares while in foal, but come on, whose idea is
it to get them bred and do rides.  OURS, not theirs.  There must be a valid
reason while the rules state "no pregnant or lactating mares" Don't be so
selfish.

I know this could go on forever as with any controversy but this is the last
of it on my end.  I love my horses and will treat them with respect.  I can
only hope that not everyone who reads these postings will do what some "well
known name" person says is okay to do.  I know that we post on RC for
whatever reason but there are some people out there that will take some of
this as truth and do it without getting true facts and information and not
just "hearsay"  just because "well know name" said so.

It is not necessary to reply as this is the end.

Keri