Re: RC: Spooky stuff list

Paddock near traffic
bows
Bright yellow rain poncho,
 > Anyone else have some I've missed or forgotten?  Lif

None of these things would get a second look from my horse.  Too obvious.

My favorite is a small child on a "Big Wheel" riding down a gravel
driveway.

Some of my biggest spooks have come from:

A WHITE  wild turkey flying up under his nose.

I've had a horse shy straight UP, sort of just yanking all four feet up
to his body when he was plodding along and suddenly noticed that a large
flat rock was part of the dirt road beneath him.

Riding by a rabbit cage. (they tend to panic and run in circles...the
rabbits that is, the horse just blows)

Pigs!

Anything that's not where it's supposed to be.  A backhoe running and
slamming against rock won't mean a thing out on the road...but if it's on
his trail...where it WASN'T YESTERDAY!!!!!  You could ride him through
the county fair...but a walking human...far out in the woods....DANGER
WILL ROBINSON!

My favorite obstacle I've ever heard of was from Dawn Saunders in
Scotland.  They apparently have something called a "Gas Gun" or something
like that, for crows.  It's aimed at corn fields, has a motion detector
on it and when it detects movement it whirls around and fires a
tremendous explosion.  You should have heard her description of going out
for a nice pleasure ride on her *very* hot Anglo/Arab who'd had a little
too much time off.  They headed out on a nice quiet cross country ride
early in the morning, tiptoed across the cobblestones in the farmer's
front yard and rounded the corner to hear "Click, whirrrr," as the gas
gun wheeled to face them!  Time to execute a barrel horse turn, wide open
gallop through the farm yard scattering chickens and barking dogs.  Maybe
NATRC could lease one of those things.

Angie