Chickamauga Battlefield

Hey,

I know some of you ridecampers live near enough to ride Chickamauga Battlefield (GA) as training.  I remember somebody said they use it to train for the trot.  Well, I think that's an awesome idea, so I've prepared my truck and trailer for an excursion to Chickamauga Battlefield tomorrow.

However, the days are getting hotter, so I wanted to get the ride started as early as possible.  Does anybody know how early the trails are open?  I know the vistors' center opens around 8 or 9, but are the side roads (i.e., to the horse unloading area) closed also?   If so, how early can I get in?  I thought I'd try to leave my pasture shortly after first light.  Will take around 30 min to get to the Battlefield.  Maybe longer since I drive like a blind granny when hauling my horse!  :)  But I'd like to start riding somewhere around 7 am.  Anybody know if I can get in that early?

Thanks for any info.  Please reply privately since probably all aren't interested in this aspect of my endurance career!  :)

April & Apache
adlee@bigfoot.com